Skip to main content

SENSITIVE MUSINGS







On the eve of valentine’s day a few years ago, i was dating this perfect bloke, the complete package TDH. Tall, dark and handsome, he was the "love of my life" so i thought. On this day, my so called love told me he doesn’t celebrate Valentine, but he bought me a pack of wafers biscuit (no be joke o!), because he knew I celebrated it.  The following day, i was so happy that I went all out and bought a picture frame, a Kenneth Cole Black perfume, a family size towel and a Manchester united Wall clock cause he was a fan. I also bought him a beautiful key holder. Please don't blame me, when someone meets you for the first time and tells you "am stuck on you like white on rice" you tend to go weak in the knees and be at their beck and call (lmao..... no be only) when I was done with my shopping i went home to carefully wrap each item while imagining his expression as he opens them.


Smiling all day, i had a shower, put on my lovely LBD (little black dress) which i purchased two weeks earlier for this sole purpose. Sprayed a generous amount of my Coco Channel. With the final touch of a simple make up i was ready for the evening. I sat and waited for my Love, while my sister’s boyfriend sat close to her on a sofa whispering sweet nothings. He had come as early as 5pm straight from work to spend the evening with her.  I waited for 2 hours with no sign of him coming. Then, my sister feeling sorry for me called him. My sister and i had agreed on a foursome outing, and this was also meant as a surprise for him. My handsome bloke was somewhere having fun and told my sister he was busy, to mind her business and leave us alone.
I didn't see him until two nights after, now i wonder why it took three years of such treatment and him impregnating someone else for me to realize he wasn't mine to begin with.

bottom line... when a man cannot share special occasions with you, doesn't add you as friend on face book or social networks he is on, refuses to sacrifice little of his time for you, shows you off to his friends who have two girlfriends and you know it, but not family…..you are on a long thing! He hits you till you're blue black, talks down to you not caring where you are, doesn't listen to your ideas as he assumes you are brainless, has money but refuses to provide your basic needs, yells at you for calling too much when you've just called twice, gets angry with you easily, introduces you as "my friend" to other girls, or calls your name without a title ( girlfriend, wife, sister), i can go on and on……the list is endless…..
 These are signs you had better acknowledge and think of an exit fast or better still pack your legs not your shoes or bags and run for your life. 
HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU, RUUUUUUUUUUN!


Comments

  1. hmmm!life is a journey and people are meant to teach us not necessarily to be in our lives forever...even though it took sometime,the point is you left and have moved on,so,yes now you have learnt and now advising isn't that so good!life should teach and we should learn...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments, do check in again.