Skip to main content

LAUGH IT OFF

I felt like eating Chinese today and remembered what happened to I and my friends a couple of months back. 

Here's what happened- a couple of months back just after best of both worlds (BOBW) cocktail party, which was hosted by Ariyike Akinbobola, held at Ntyce. I and two of my friends Nwadi and Nkem decided we should stop at a chinese restaurant for dinner. We got there, the environment was quiet, inside was empty, except for a guy drinking by the bar. We picked a table for three and sat ready to order.

Now, I had just (N2500) two thousand five hundred naira on me and I thought, even if its just their spring rolls, why not. It's not everyday I go out and buy chinese. The waiter brought the menu's for us to place our orders and i looked through it, I saw special fried rice for (800) eight hundred naira and sweet corn soup for (700)seven hundred naira. I smiled to myself it'll be great to have both with a bottle of coke. Nwadi ordered same as  me but included spare ribs to her order, I cant really remember what Nkem ordered, but she was taking hers home.

By the time we were done eating and asked for the bills mine was four thousand five hundred naira (N4,500) and Nwadi's was six thousand five hundred (N6,000) and Nkem's was about the same amount as Nwadi's and we looked at one another wondering what magic had happened, how a meal of  two thousand naira (N2,000) can just become double the amount and more. The waiter gave an explanation about vat, taxes and service charge. 

We had totally forgotten that not only hotels collect these charges but restaurants do as well maybe not Buka though. it was a good thing I had my ATM card with me, "wetin I for talk?". Imagine I didn't have my ATM card with me, and my friends didn't have enough money to pay either, what would have happened?  we probably would have ended up washing plates? or behind bars.

It's funny to me now, it wasn't that day.


Comments

  1. LOl!you and wad are so lucky you had your ATM with you!i feel weird when i think of what might have happened if you didn't!wheew!close one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey see as you sit down like better person! I go soon kill you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol @ chidim's omo it would have been terrible. i dont want to think about it. Chinese scares me these days lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Chick,once a better person always a better person. you know say you no fit kill me, you too love me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments, do check in again.