Skip to main content

LAGOS HUSTLE NA WA


Photo Credit: Fume Fasoyin


Woke up this morning feeling like I could conquer the world but immediately I set foot outside, I got upset. 

In this pursuit of gold, there's nothing your eyes won't see. like being unfortunate to sit next to a lady with smelly hair or armpit, a guy with mouth odour, the conductor shouting at the top of his lungs and spitting all over the place "Oshodi mile 2" worse, you give him (N1000) one thousand naira and he ignores all your calls for change till you eventually forget to collect it and get down, then you ask yourself "why didn't i just take a cab? i was penny wise, pound foolish". 


Later.... you decide to flag down a rickety looking taxi, moving like all its parts are about to fall off, it stops in front of you and the driver says "four thousand naira madam" from ilupeju to the island. Haba! "Am i traveling out of Lagos or do I grow a tree of money in my back yard?" I have no choice I get in, whilst thinking to myself it doesn't even have air conditioning.  "Omo I take style tire".  

We all came to Lagos to make money, nobody com count bridge, so na to grin and bear am. I wonder what it would feel like to live in the suburbs... Ibadan and the likes. hmmmmmmmmmmm topic for another day.

Comments

  1. its called life and it happens ....lol
    i really can relate with this entertaining piece, trust me not for long your complains will change to the traffic in this lagos is just too much when you start driving yourself around instead of the use of public transport....but note that the hustle never ends...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments, do check in again.